Friday, September 26, 2008

Proud Results of a Slothful Parent's Actions


Well, I/we were too lazy/forgot until it was too late/didn't want to get up that early/what have you, to go to the store and get milk for the kids to have cereal for breakfast, which is the norm. So, when we got downstairs, Jessica poured a bowl of a crispy rice type of cereal, and asked, "Where's the milk." Oops. Okay. So I respond with, "Uhh, we ran out. Sorry. What kind of oatmeal would you like?" Jessica is good about eating what is available most of the time. Ellie will eat oatmeal with me sometimes. Nolan would rather take his chances punching me in the face. But, I explained the situation, and they all decided on the brown sugar kind with dinosaur eggs that hatch in the bowl. I was shocked they would choose that over my large variety pack of organic oatmeal, but a decision was made. THEY WERE EATING OATMEAL!!! I had to get proof to share with the world.

1 comment:

h said...

i think i would have liked the story to end with Nolan punching you in the face. i'm just sayin....